For most things within emergency aid
The Wiik Babytent can be used for everything from school laundry facilities, kitchens or smaller food and emergency aid equipment warehouses.
The Wiik Babytent comes in a standard width of 6.5 metres, with four-metre modules and can be set up to the desired length. Just like the WiikHall NEX, the WiikHall Wiik Babytent is easy to set up. No special tools in the form of cranes or other equipment are required. All tools necessary for assembly are included in the shipment.
Advantages of the Wiik Babytent for emergency aid and relief
- The Wiik Babytent weighs less than steel structures, resulting in much lower shipping costs, especially for air transport.
- Each roof sheet is only four metres wide and weighs as little as 23kg, making it possible for two people to easily handle a roof sheet. Roof sheet assembly is easy, even in windy conditions.
- The lengthwise modules are four metres long, meaning that the tent’s length can be extended as required. All tent parts can be used interchangeably. For example, if you have purchased two tents that are 6.5 x 12 metres each, you can also build a tent that is 6.5 x 8 metres and a tent that is 6.5 x 16 metres, or a tent that is 6.5 x 24 metres in size.
- All assembly can be carried out from ground level. Since those assembling the tent do not need to climb onto the three-metres structure, we have reduced the risk of fall injuries.
- Quick assembly. A trained two-member team can assemble a 6.5 x 12 metre WiikHall Wiik Babytent in one hour.
- Save money. If you should accidentally break the roof sheet, fortunately it is divided into four-metre sections. You therefore only need to replace the broken section and not the entire roof sheeting. The roof sheet is fastened to the structure with chains. The roof sheet that is to be replaced is pulled off and replaced by a new sheet – a matter of a few minutes.
- If part of the framework is damaged, for example if a vehicle collides with and breaks a tent leg, you can remove the broken section and continue to use the tent in a version that is four metres shorter until spare parts have been delivered.
WiikHall Aluminium Structure 6,5 x
Framework Aluminium, Can be extended to an indefinite length in four-metre-long sections
Cover White PVC-coated polyester with extra UV protection
One lace-up fabric door 2,9 x 3 metres (w x h) at each gable
One air vents in each gable
Wind load capacity 0.65 Kn/sq.m (about 31 m/s) when the building is attached to the ground in accordance with the assembly instructions
Snow load capacity 75 kg/sq.m when the building is attached to the ground in accordance with the assembly instructions
Contacts for wiik “babytent”
See our latest projects
O.B.Wiik supports Turkey-Syria earthquake aid efforts
In the week since the 7.5 magnitude earthquake hit both Turkey and Syria, both Rubb and its sister company O.B.Wiik have received many enquiries from international aid organisations to supply emergency tents and halls. [...]
Color Line test station
We have set up two new test tents at Color Line's harbor area. There, both passengers and professional drivers can get tested after they have gone ashore. This ensures that passengers only bring good memories [...]
Jessheim Test Station
Another Covid-19 test station has been set up by O.B.Wiik, this time at Jessheim Town Hall. The station is set up on behalf of Dr.Dropin and consists of a work tent of 8.5x6m. At each [...]