1 Handling of personal data at O.B. Wiik
2 Data controller
The data controller is the party that determines the purpose of the handling of personal information and the tools to be used.
At O.B. Wiik AS, the data controller for personal data that we process is the managing director. The data controller has ultimate responsibility for ensuring that all handling and processing of personal data takes place in compliance with the relevant laws.
Adress: Industriveien 13, 2020 Skedsmokorset
Phone: + 47 64 83 55 00
If you have any questions regarding our handling of your personal information, you can contact us (see our contact information).
3 Why we collect personal data and the types of information we collect
When you use our website or in contact with us to order our products, O.B. Wiik processes personal data on you. We collect and use your personal information for various purposes, depending on who you are and our contact with you. O.B. Wiik’s handling of personal data is based on your consent or other legal grounds.
We collect the following personal information for the purposes indicated below:
- Information collected in order to enter into and fulfil agreements: On the purchase of goods from O.B. Wiik, we register such information as the buyer’s name, telephone number, address, e-mail address and any payment information, the type of good(s) or service(s) purchased, when they were purchased and any delivery information.
Administration of sales: On the purchase, order or reservation of products, we also use your personal information to follow up on the sale internally within our organisation. In order to carry out our delivery to you, we also share your personal information, including name and address, to specific third parties, such as the supplier, contractor and carrier.
The basis for our handling of personal data for the above purposes is our purchase agreement with you and this processing is considered to be necessary on the whole in order to fulfil our contractual obligations. In the event of a claim made against us, we may also collect your personal information insofar as is necessary to fulfil or defend our legal obligations.
- Customer service: Depending on the nature of the inquiry and channel used to contact us (phone, e-mail or contact form), we will need to identify you, the product(s) you have purchased and, for example, your address, phone number and possibly your e-mail address. We process the personal information we need to assist you, such as your name, purchase history and contact information (e-mail, phone number). We believe we have a justifiable interest in processing your personal data in order to provide the most relevant and detailed response possible to your question and our interest in this data handling outweighs any inconveniences you may have when contacting us and requesting this service.
- Marketing: We distribute marketing materials, newsletters and provide information on our activities in e-mails sent do you if you have given us your consent for this. You can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting O.B. Wiik (see contact information in section 2). Creation of user account: You have the possibility to create a customer account on our website in order to make online purchases. Information on transactions carried out online will be available in ‘My account’. The purpose of this is to enable customers to track their orders, as well as make cancellations or returns. You can access your data through the same software, as well as delete your purchase history and account with O.B. Wiik.
- Administration of user accounts: We have access to your user profile in order to administer your contact information, transactions and any consent you have given to receive our newsletter or similar information.
The handling of personal data for the creation of a user account is based on consent you have provided.
We handle this type of personal information based on a consideration of interests. We believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to adapt our website to our users.
4 Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We will not pass on your personal information to others unless there is a legal basis for this. Examples of this are an agreement with you or if there is a legal requirement for us to provide such information.
In order to carry out our delivery process, we also share your personal information, including name and address, to specific third parties, such as the supplier, contractor and carrier. O.B. Wiik uses data controllers to collect, store or otherwise process personal data on our behalf.
In these cases, we have entered into agreements to secure the information in all aspects of this processing. O.B. Wiik will ensure that third parties that process personal data on behalf of O.B. Wiik take the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect all personal data.
5 How information is safeguarded
O.B. Wiik makes every effort to protect your personal data through technical and organisational measures. Only O.B. Wiik or our supplier’s employees who require access to personal information for a specific purpose will have access to your personal information.
The personal information we process is primarily in the EU/EEA region. If personal dat is transferred to or processed in a country outside the EU/EEA, O.B. Wiik will ensure that the information is processed in a legal manner through technical and organisational measures that make sure the information is handled appropriately, with a protection level equivalent to that required in the EU/EEA.
6 Storage time period
We store your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If we handle personal information on the basis of your consent, this data will be deleted if you withdraw your consent.
Personal data that we process in order to fulfil an agreement with you will be deleted once that agreement has been fulfilled and all contractual obligations met.
Contractual obligations may be accounting requirements by virtue of the Accounting Act or storage obligations required by the Money Laundering Act.
7 Your rights with regard to personal data handling
O.B. Wiik appreciates your feedback. Here you can see your rights at all times and that can be exercised by contacting us.
- Withdrawal of consent: If you have given your consent to receive newsletters from us, you can withdraw this consent at any time. The easiest way to do so is to unsubscribe on our website or contact us directly.
- Request for access: You have the right to view all personal information we have registered on you.
- Request for correction or deletion: You can also ask us to correct any incorrect information we have on you or to delete personal information. Insofar as possible, we will honour a request to delete personal information, but this will not be possible if there are pressing reasons against such deletion, such as the necessity to save information for purposes of documentation. Much of the personal data can be deleted by the user. For example, you can delete your profile and account at any time.
- Data portability: You can request data portability for, for example, personal information you have provided pursuant to your consent or that has been necessary to enter into a purchase agreement.
- You can request a limitation of the processing and object to certain processing actions.
To exercise your rights, contact us by e-mail or regular mail (see contact information in section 2). We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible and within 30 days at the latest.
Dersom du mener at vår behandling av personopplysninger ikke stemmer med det vi har beskrevet her eller at vi på andre måter bryter personvernlovgivningen, så kan du klage til Datatilsynet.
Information on how to contact the authority can be found on their website at: https://www.datatilsynet.no/om-datatilsynet/kontakt-oss/hvordan-kan-jeg-klage-til-datatilsynet/
If changes occur in our services or regulations regarding the processing of personal data, this may result in a change to the information provided here. If we have your contact information, we will inform you about any such changes.
Cookies and personal protection
O.B. Wiik’s managing director is responsible for the collection and processing of personal information in connection with business operations and the maintenance of https://www.obwiik.no.
When you use our website, the following information is collected on you:
Your IP address, browser and operating system
Time of visit
Which pages on obwiik.no are visited by the registered IP address and the duration of these visits
Any links that referred you to our website
What you have clicked on during your visit to the website and any files you have downloaded
Information on you when you register your personal information on the website, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address and workplace
https://www.obwiik.no/ use these cookies:
Sleeknote collects information sent by a user which is kept securely at Sleeknote. The data obtained is the data the user sends through the Sleeknote form such as first name and/or email addresses. Sleeknote also collects the users IP address. All data is stored securely and can be deleted upon any request.
The data will automatically be deleted after 3 months. Meaning that the data will not be stored for more than 3 months before permanently and automatically being deleted.
Link to Sleeknote’s DPA: https://sleeknote.com/term-conditions
Google Tag Manager
This websites uses Google Tag Manager operated by Google LLC. It allows marketed website tags to be managed easier through an interface. The Google Tag Manager tool itself does not contain cookies and does not keep or register any personal data.
How can you manage cookies in your browser?
The standard settings in most browsers accept cookies by default. You can change or adapt the settings to only allow the cookies you want to be stored in your browser. Keep in mind that a browser must accept cookies for obwiik.no to function properly.
In your browser settings, you can usually choose which websites can store cookies. You can also ask to be alerted every time a new cookie is stored in your browser.
How to delete cookies in the various browsers
The following links provide information on how to change the settings in your browser in order to better manage the types of cookies stored.